Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Item # 15 Library 2.0

"Library 2.0 is a new way of providing library service through new Internet technologies." Quote, unquote, but the service of the 2.0 is not for the inexperienced Internet surfer. I'm afraid that in todays world people want things fast and I found that there is a lot of reading in the 2.0 and it still doesn't tell me how it helps. It says that library 2.0 is, "helping users find information, gather knowledge and create content." What happened to checking out a book and just reading it?
With Internet techologies ever changing how can we keep up? I just got a new app. for my iphone and with that app. I was able to put in my library card number and with the help of the librarian we were able to scan the bar code on the phone and bring up my record to allow me to check out a book. All the information in one place.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very "library 2.0" iPhone! I'm guessing the app was a bar-code generator? could be handy for others as well!

    ReplyDelete